Tuesday 2 November 2010

Encore!

Awrite lads? Missed me? Aye, thought so!

Since my last post, beaucoup has happened...including the arrival and departure of my man!

On the saturday i took the train up to dunkerque and the plan was to meet him driving of the ferry looking absolutely fabulous. Of course in true ciara en france style, did that fuck happen! My train got me in for 11am France time, 10am british time which meant Chris hadn't left on the ferry yet! I had about 3 hours to kill before i'd see him. I took a look about and saw some boats and ports so thought all i had to do was walk five minutes to get him. Thus, i settled down with my Twlight book and a large drink in McDo and was happy as larry. I resembled a child at christmas, that was all about to change!

About 1pm, unable to take the excitement and sick of looking at my watch every 16 seconds i decided to walk to the port and wait there for him, as chris said they were slowing down and he could see France. This is where havoc ensued! His port was called Port Quest, and i walked 6 and a half miles through shitty building sites and duel carriage ways, and was still follwing signs for Port Quest! By this time, Chris was off the ferry and driving about France on the phone to me trying to find me. I was hysterical and my battery was running low. I was walking down duel carriage ways crying and noone would stop for me to ask directions, not even the police!! Eventually, we decided the best idea would be to walk back to the train station to see if he could find me. Thus i journeyed back! I eventually got to the train station, and while trying to find a street address for him to put in his sat nav, i spotted the fancy alloy wheels of a honda civic and i knew it was MY honda civic! I had found him eventually, thank fook! After our hugs and kisses i looked in the mirror and saw my tear stained face with make up halfway down it. Lovely. Looking Fabulous Ciara :|

The week quickly showed that France was not for my man. He hated it, and I think he thought i would be enjoying it much more! In the space of a week he got 3 parking tickets, as there are no signs in France to tell you wwhere you can and cant park! Also, he had brought a hefty amount of money, but as i had NONE we were running low with all the wine drinking we were doing! Also, i realised i was back at school sooner than i thought! We came to the agreement that i needed to get into a routine to try and get the most out of the experience and this going home was better for him! In hindsight, its for the best, althought on Sunday night i was a total wreck! I miss him already but know we are better than ever :)

Still no further forward with my love for french people! Still rude. Still smelly. Still sleazy. Lille is delightful though, as Rachel Ward will tell you! Went to the zoo and saw some animals for free! Tis always a sweet treat!

Been feeling homesick recently but think its gradually lifting now! Got Donna coming out to visit me in 3 weeks so thats keeping me happy and then I'm home on the Eurostar on the 16th of |December! How exciting eh? You all better be grateful for my presence!

Think im rambled enough in this post! Back to school on thursday so will no doubt have some tale to tell after that!

A birntot! x

No comments:

Post a Comment