Sunday 7 November 2010

Casse Toi, La France!

Salut!

For those of you who didn't hear my breakdown, or who I didn't tell...this has literally been the worst week of my life! I seemed to be coping well with Chris leaving...until i returned to school! School is definately the worst thing about my time here in France! I HATE to be negative because i know this is meant to be the time of my life and i should be making the most of it, although if one more person says those two phrases to me again, I may stab them right in the face, however people dont realise how hard it is!

Returned to school after a short holiday on Thursday am. My first two hour class had a test for the first hour/hour and half so i was told to just sit. and watch them. do their test. in silence. whoopee for me. Since their was only half an hour left, there wasnt time to do a lesson so I was told she didnt need me and i should just go to the salle des profs until my next class. I met my next class' teacher who said, Oh Ciara, my class have a test today so I dont need you. Bearing in mind these were my only classes of the day and i had just paid 13euro for a train ticket to get there! Have these people never heard of e-mail? text? social and working etiquette?!?!

So, I returned home, in the vain hope that tomorrow would be better. Aye, good one Ciara! Arrived in school at 7.30 for an 8am start. I was determined to be positive and not let anything get me down. Quelle Suprise, that didnt last very long! There was no sign on my teacher in the staff room, so at 8am i made my way to class. There was a teacher there who informed me my teacher was sick and I was to take the class. I knew this wasn't right. I am not a trained teacher, and being patient and dealing with a binch of brats is not my forte! However, i knew the class so i thought, okay just this once. From 9-10 i had a break, so i made my way to the salle des profs where a fellow english teacher sat with me. In walks an office lady. She asks where the english assistant is, and proceeds to tell me i will be covering my ill teacher's classes to me, while handing me her timetable. I knew i wasnt allowed to do this, this was not part of my contract and i do not get paid buttons to be somebodies supply! While i have a frown on my face, she turns to the other teacher and says, does she speak french? To which the english teacher replies, bah not very well.....

*In My Head* HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW IF I SPEAK FRENCH OR NOT?! YOU DONT LET ME SPEAK FRENCH TO YOU, YOU IGNORANT DICK!!!!

Of course i didn't say this, i just said No...this isn't my job and she replies, yeah but who else is gonna do it?! So i get bullied into taking this timetable. This means i miss all my own nice classes and im stuck with bratty brats!! The last class of the day were the worst. There were 28. They were 14. I was about to fucking explode! As i had no prep for these classes, i made them do presentations of themself. One smart arse stood up and said "I like Scottish girls and I like sex". Typically, the class laughed. I didnt. I gave this boy, of 14 years, what can only be described as a death glare. I mean i almost growled at him. Once he saw my face he went white, apologised and sat down.

It was literally horrible. I cried hysterically for about half an hour when i got home and phoned Chris who told me to phone my mum. She calmed me!

So, from this entry you can decipher that i hate school. However, good things are on the horizon!

I have Donna visiting in 2 weeks. Barcelona in 3 weeks, and home in five weeks! Something to keep me going!

Hope this didnt depress you that much, thought i'd keep you updated!

Love and Bisous xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment