Wednesday 10 November 2010

Little Ray of Sunshine

Bonjour!

As the title of this shows, I have decided to turn over a new leaf! As much as you all get a kick of my insane ranting and general hostility toward the French (especially Miss Sweeney as I'm sure i've brightened many a dull day for her), for my sanity and that of my loved ones I have decided to be calm. Calm Ciara...you guys can call me that (although not really coz it's laaaaame). Honestly, looking back over my blog entries I see I have a lot of rage, most of it justified yes, but still too much. This is a year abroad. A year away from Uni and the chance to experience another culture is pretty amazing.

This new attitude does not change the fact I miss home like mad and actually in all honesty, can't wait to see my loved ones again. However, anger towards France does not make the time pass quicker. I have come to realise, due to recent happenings just how amazing my boyfriend, family and friends are. It actually lets you see the ones who are your actual friends, who still make the effort to contact you while you're not in the same country as them. The general concern and support people have shown me is absolutely amazing. I know i am a pretty awesome person, and the lack of my presence in your life may lead to depression, but was genuinely shocked at people's thoughts for me.

I also read on a friends blog that her and her boyfriend recently had the discussion of "are we talking too much while youre away/am i ruining the experience" and I can totally relate to that as Chris and I have spoke about this also. I can honestly say, that without blackberry messanger I would be home. The fact I can text him something good/(mostly)bad and get his response right away makes it so much better. There are many who will think this is ridiculous, but the man honestly keeps me sane and this year abroad has totally made me appreciate him.

The same goes for my family, in particular my brother Paul. Always there by bbm, always someone you can count on for advice and support etc. I suppose nothing has actually changed because I've always known that my family members are there for me no matter what, but it truly makes you appreciate them when you no longer have them. No doubt by Christmas day, I will have argued with every member of the Fitzpatrick household a few times over, including Ruairi; Chris and I will have fallen out at somepoint over some ridic thing; and I wont be keeping in touch with many of my friends on facebook or e-mail. But i know the minute i return to Lille, it'll be right back to normal. Can honestly say this year would not be possible without them!

Gonna leave you with this quite strange blog entry. I felt it had to be done to show my love and appreciation for everyone, and to show that im not a cold hearted much as many would think! Going to see the social network tomoz with my new lads can't wait!

Bisous xxx

2 comments:

  1. ps i am now rage ronan has claimed his place as the intelligent fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha i just saw this! Yeah i am a bit rageful and in awe! goodtimes wee man :)

    ReplyDelete