Monday 22 November 2010

countdown!

Bon soir!

Been a while since the last blog update, sucks to be you eh? Not hearing about my fabulous life in France must be shit!

Since the last hopeful and uplifting blog entry, my positive attitude seems to be continuing! Although, I dont want to mislead anyone into thinking that this has to do with France/French people/School. It mainly has to do with visitors/Christmas time/BEING HOME!

The level of my excitement for going home is reminiscent of a child writing their list to Santa; the feeling that its coming and youre on a countdown. So far, my blackberry messanger contacts and my facebook friends have been subjected to  a daily countdown...we are currently at 24 days! Eeeeek! Planning what to pack and take already. This is how sad my life has become! Have also planned an all day and night date with my man on the friday which includes Harry Potter, Dinner and Drinks! Cant wait to dress up! Since arriving en France the dressiest thing i've worn is an h&m dress, with tights and brogues! My fake tanning has been cut down dramatically, as has the straigtening of my hair! Its not that i have lost any pride in my appearance, its that they kinda dont care in this country and i was also told in school that my skin was an "eeeeedious" colour when i put fake tan on once! So why bother?

Speaking of this, I have a new visitor arriving on thursday, my delightful friend Donna who is going to a lot of hassle to see me! It includes a flight from glasgow to beauvais (Boke), a bus from beauvais to paris gare du nord, and a train from gare du nord to Lille Flandres! Now if that isnt friendship, i dunno what is! All the rest of you lot better take note, Donna has set the bar! This also means that the aforementioned tanning and hair straightening will have to be kick started again. For all of you who know Donna, high maintenance is being kind! If i turn up at the train station with my hair tied back, pasty white with no make-up on she won't hide her disgust! It might be a good thing to get back into this beauty regime again, seeing as i will be greeted at Glasgow central by my man in 3 weeks! Looking forward to my weekend with D, can't wait for a proper gossip...I miss the pub sorely for our little catch ups, much to Charles' disgust! I swear he's regretted putting us on the shift since that first fateful saturday!

Anyway, I will be in school tomorrow-Shocker eh? I'm hoping this is the first week since arrival that I will be able to do my contracted 12 hours without any greves or illness or lack of professional ettiquette! We'll see how it goes though!

Love to you all

Bisous x

No comments:

Post a Comment