Saturday 9 October 2010

home sweet home!

salut!

The last two days have been hectic-but hectically amazing!!!

Thursday i was up at 6am, wanted to actually die! It was pitch black outside and it was lucky i only had to cross the road to the gare coz i was like a zombie! My morning in school passed with any major difficulty, sitting watching teachers being unable to control their mental classes! At lunch i sat in the staff room, surrounded by not only english teachers and they were speaking rapid French. For the most part, i could keep up and was adding little comments and answering their questions politely...and then HE came along. Now so far, my experience of French men has been pretty shit if im being honest! They are rude, sleazy, ignorant and down-right smelly. HE, however, took the biscuit. HE came over to our wee table, sat down and started eating his lunch and listening to our conversation. Then he decided to join in, and by join in I mean completely take over and rabit on for the last half hour of lunch. He moaned about his girlfriend, his classes, his life in general. Yet the only reason I know this, is because i had to get him translated. The dick knew that my french was sketchy, and clearly loathed me being at HIS table, and so he decided to speak very northern, very harsh/rough french. I literally couldn't pick up a word he said during the phone time he was talking. Later, my teacher friend told me that he done it deliberately coz he didnt think i should be there! What a dick!!! He made me angry.

After school it was to the bank to open up a bank account, which in France is just as hard as trying to state secrets out of Sarkozy! Two hours later, and 372 signatures and I had successfully opened an account! The best thing is, that my bank card is a Twilight one...oh yeahhh!!

Friday was move in day, so it was all about the excitement! Only thing was, i had to get through my first two classes teaching the little idiots. Also, i'm not sure what the ettiquette is on correcting English teachers...in one of my classes my teacher was describing a picture where the "chimney was 'rejecting' black smoke"..i.e there was smoke coming out of a chimney. Wasn't really comfortable with the fact that she thought this was proper english, but still failed to correct her incase she set the mental pupils on me!

Finally, 3pm came and Amy and I were eagerly waiting at the main desk to check into our flats! Again more papers to sign, clearly France have no problem killing trees...the fascists!, and finally i was in! Appartment 101! wooo!! It really stunk of smoke, which isnt the best but after a few airfreshners i was sorted! First thing i done was put up all my pictures from home, then unpacked and tidied!

Last night was a quiet one, first home cooked meal and chilling!

Today i will eagerly be anticipating the arrival of Paul and Katrina, my first visitors to Lille. Feel under pressure to know hunners of good places to take them, so been doing my Lille research! Also, two weeks today and will see my man, so that will keep me going :)

Just going to do my washing and maybe head out for a walk....aahh the monotony is bliss <3

No comments:

Post a Comment