Friday 15 October 2010

Bas Oui!

BONJOUR TOUT LES MONDE!!

I am ever so sorry that my last update was almost a week ago, and thus i will be unable to fill you in on every minute detail of the past few days...gutted aye?


Anywaaay, Sunday brought the arrival of Paul and Katrina, delighted to see their faces and show them the wonderful Lille. What we quickly realised as the week went on is that...there isn't actually much to do in Lille. As beautiful a city as it is, it's not really a place for tourists! I dont want anyone put off by this though, i still want hunners o visitors....please? Cheers! So after the first few days traipsing about Lille, it got a bit mundane for them i think! The only thing that really left my bro in disbelief was the lack of a Starbucks (c'est vrai!). For me, their week here was amazing...i got my dinners cooked for me, a weee bit of della casa one night and some fajitas the next, and their general chat made me feel like i was back home,  so that was pretty good :). After they left, i had a wee cry, but got over it! Only 8 days until i get another visitor in the shape of my man Christophe so its all good :)

This week brought the round of French strikes and i actually felt i was in the midst of one of Dougal's translation exercises! I never thought the French strikes were as bad as this, and all i kept saying was "this would never happen back home". Basically Sarko is the French Dave, and he's said that coz money is tight he's gonna increase the retirement age, make folk pay more towards pensions but they're gonna receive less...exactly whats happening at the moment to all you lot back home! So we just sit back and take it, as my bro pointed out, aye no bother here's my money! Nah, not the French! Here we have people who distrupt every single way of live. I couldn't get to school on tuesday (gutted), but i also didnt have the bins taken out. The trams were shut off coz streets were blocked and generally people were just being rowdy; although Sarko's head on a stick did make me laugh! However, since my three weeks in French i have discovered that French people are generally crazy and its the norm!

Other examples? Ok, today i had my long day in school and i couldnt get the train til two hours after i was supposed to (see Facebook for all rants regarding this cock up). When i got to school, it turned out THE STUDENTS WERE ON STRIKE!! how the hell does this happen? The folk in my school don't give a feck about pension reform coz either a. they aint gonna live to that age; or b. they're not gonna be paying into the system coz they'll be on the brew!! so why are they not at school??

Argh! So today was probably my worst day, if i had phoned home this morning i probably would have cried my eyes out and i dont wanna do that! I have an emergency bottle of wine that ive had since day 1 in Lille and i have to say that this is one of those days where you just need to get pished!!

This weekend will bring a whole lot of nothing, j'espere, but you never know! Just gonna think about next saturday and seeing my man!

A bientot, love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment