Tuesday 19 October 2010

en greve!

Okay, so nobody told me the strikes would be this bad!! They were fun and new and exciting to start off with but now theyre just getting boring, especially when you're in a country where you don't know anyone, there's not really loads to do since you're skint and you cant get to work coz of the strikes, and that's the whole reason you're in said country in the first place! Ahhh! Today was my fourth day off, I'm not in again until friday...strike's permitting!

Everyone keeps asking if i'm homesick yet and i don't really know what to say coz how do you know what homesick feels like?! I miss my family loads, and my man and my friends...but that goes without saying! I'd miss them even if i was on a two week holiday. The thing that's the most annoying is the boredum. I have been here a total of three weeks and have made my way through 7 seasons of Friends. I've taken to doing sit ups in my spare time. I cook. I clean. I wash clothes. I go walks. Yet i still have several hours to do...Nothing! I think at the moment, this mostly has to do with $$$ issues and hopefully by mid november i'll be rolling in it. But back home, i'd have my man or my brothers or my friends to amuse me so that's where this thing becomes difficult! I shouldn't complain as i have a mountain of visitors coming out, but yano, i'm used to being arround people all the time and y'all know I like to talk....

I have also now became a master fajita maker!! Me and Amy have ate them constantly, and although they prob have a zillion calories, i'm barely eating so its all good. I have realised that by living myself, i dont have my mama to make me things and buy food, and very often I have a serious case of CBA...ergo I just don't eat!

Been spending a lot of time e-mailing folk from home that I didnt get a chance to see before leaving...mainly friends not related to uni or work...who were dying to see me before i went but i couldnt . Just hope theyre not too pissed off to not reply, and hope they remember that i'm the one living in another country and going through this alone, and tbh i kinda need them! The lack of replies made me cry a little on the phone to my man!

On a much brighter note, Amy and I have been spending the last few days taking the piss out of every french person who annoys us. Putting on scottish accents and pronouncing words wrong make people maaaaad! awk well! I also got my new french bank card today from credit agricole...and its a Twilight one!! Oh yeahhhh! Wanted to put a pic on Fb but then realised its prob not the best idea to put my bank details online :/ silly me eh?

Tomorrow will be spent at the Zoo with Amy and our new friends, Emily, Erin and Mhairi! Want to familiarise myself before i go all tour-guide on my visitors! will also be spending the next few days trying to make the days flyyyy before i get on a train to Dunkerque to see my man!

All in all, still loving this place i call my new home! It's crazy and sometimes annoying but i am learning to love it! Speaking as much french as possible, watched a french version of come dine with me which was pretty awesommmme!

Will keep you updated on the happenings!

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment